Rep. Todd Akin is afraid to defend his radical positions
face-to-face with concerned constituents,
so we're taking our questions directly to him.
- #AskToddAkin why he voted to eliminate Medicare
- #AskToddAkin why he thinks Medicare is unconstitutional
- #AskToddAkin why he thinks America should "get out of the business" of Medicare and Medicaid
- #AskToddAkin why he ‘doesn’t like' Social Security
- #AskToddAkin why he jokes about avoiding his constituents
- #AskToddAkin where are the jobs?
Concerned citizens have been trying to meet with Rep. Todd Akin for weeks to discuss his radical votes and statements attacking Medicare, Social Security and Medicare.
The bad news is that we've tried and tried, but Rep. Akin is uninterested in having any sort of public meeting to hear our concerns. If the Congressman has the courage to meet with his constituents, we'd ask him why he:
- Voted to end Medicare as we know it, which would force seniors to pay 6,400 dollars more out of pocket every year and buy insurance directly from the insurance companies.
- Thinks Medicare is unconstitutional
- 'Doesn't like' Social Security
- Wants the federal government to "get out of the business" of Medicare, Medicaid, education, protecting our air and water, food stamps... and more.
- Jokes about ignoring and avoiding constituents
The good news is that we don't have to wait for Representative Akin to find his way back to the Second District to let him know what we think. So tweet or email Congressman Akin to demand that he protect Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid for current recipients and future generations. Let him hear what you think today.